Nude XXX (Nude Lip that is! Kiss Kiss Kiss)

The Quest for the perfect Nude Lip 

I have some kind of sickness, a sickness that probably requires an intervention.

I've been on the hunt for a HG Nude Lip for approximately 15 years.  Sad right?  I just love the look of a smoky eye/nude lip.  I always struggle with looking too washed out, too grey or like the really popular "nude" lip is too Barbie pink for a more, ahem, "mature" woman such as myself.

I've tried everything, and its only been made worse by Pinterest.  I have a ginormous stock pile of nude lip sticks and glosses minus dozens I've given away to my Mom and my girlfriends over the years.  Nothing is ever quite right.

I'm going to share with you my favorite, although no where near "HG" (Holy Grail) its just the best I can find and my most complimented nude lip color.

MAC Lipstick ~ "Hue"


This is a creamy, pinky, peachy, nude.  Its not too pale, not too bright.  Just sort of perfect with my skin tone.  In these photos I used Clinique Lipliner in "Lipblush" with it, lightly lining the lips and blending it in and putting Hue all over lip.  I find its creamy enough not to need a gloss but if its for an evening look I normally will use Mac Lipglass in "Prrr" over the top of it.

The top photo is with the flash, bottom is without.  


The price through the Mac Cosmetics Website is $15.00 which is definitely pricy but probably your best option.  I've ordered a couple tubes through eBay and the color really can vary, not sure what you are actually getting!

So, that's my favorite (at least for now) and I certainly won't quit shopping for the perfect nude, at least until my husband threatens with divorce.  

Let me know what you think of Mac Hue if you've used it and I'd love to hear any dupes or suggestions!

Jenni Rae

Comments

Popular Posts