Chalk Board Contact Paper!

I'd been debating doing the chalk paint on my pantry door for some time now but wasn't ready to commit and didn't really want to invest the time and effort.  Then I starting hearing urban legends about "chalk board contact paper", I mean, could it be true?  Imagine the possibilities!

Well folks, I'll save you the suspense.  It does, indeed, exist.  I found it at our local Meijer store.

In about 10 minutes, at a cost of roughly $7.00, I transformed my boring white pantry door into a decorative chalk board.  The top is for me, the bottom for my kids to have fun with.



I used a razor to cut out the contact paper, the backing is lined so you can keep your sides straight, lined it up and stuck it on.  Easy as pie!

My kids can draw on it and it wipes away with wet paper towel, no fuss.

When and if you stop loving it, just peel it off and toss it away!  

I used a strip of leftover contact paper and placed it on the inside of the door, we write down items we need and when I'm ready to grocery shop I just snap a quick pic with my smart phone.  No more lost grocery lists or wasting paper.  ;)


Comments

Popular Posts